The education provided by Kwangwoon University facilitates the acquisition of not only linguistic knowledge but also various communicative strategies so that foreigners can perform practical and creative Korean language ability in a variety of situations. In addition, activities which integrate Korean language lessons with various cultural contents cultivate language skills in conjunction with cultural knowledge. We welcome students with diverse purposes including not only foreigners who come to Korea for Korean language training but also immigrants in Korea as well as travelers who are visiting Korea for short period of time. You are invited to learn Korean by experiencing both traditional and popular culture of Korea.
The Regular Program consists of six levels from level 1 to 6.
- 4 terms per year(Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter-10weeks)
- 5 days a week, total 200 hours of lesson is provided
- Students can practice authentic Korean as they participate in various activities
|Spring / Summer / Fall/ Winter (10 weeks)||9:00 ~ 13:00||
Integrated education in 4 areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing
* Practical practice of related vocabulary and grammar
* Various activities for practical use of learning contents
* Systematic pronunciation training
- Application fee : KRW 50,000 * Non-refundable
- Tuition fee : KRW1,400,000 / 1 term * Included Expenses for cultural experiences.
Qualification to apply
Those who graduated from a high school or possess attainments equal to high school graduates.
|2021||Spring||2021.1.22.(Fri)||2021.3.8.(Mon) ~ 5.17(Mon)||2021.3.3(Wed)|
|Summer||2021.4.23(Fri)||2021.6.7.(Mon) ~ 8.13(Fri)||2021.6.2(Wed)|
|Fall||2021.7.30(Fri)||2021.9.8.(Wed) ~ 11.19(Fri)||2021.9.3(Fri)|
|Winter||2021.10.29(Fri)||2021.12.8.(Wed) ~ 2022.2.18(Fri)||2021.12.3(Fri)|
- Schedule may change depending on circumstances.
- For students from countries such as Vietnam, Uzbekistan and Mongolia, applications are closed 4 weeks earlier than the above deadline.
- If students have a status of residence in Korea(D-4 visa is not required), applications are closed 2 weeks in advance of semester begins.
- Due to the different time required for each country to issue visas, please contact us as application.
For new applicants from abroad
- Application form, a statement of purpose (must be downloaded, and written and signed by the applicant)
- 3 passport photos
- 1 copy of passport
- 1 copy of identification of the applicant and his/her family
- 1 copy of birth/Family Certificate (If the applicant's guardian is not his/her parent, a notarized document proving the relative relationship must be submitted.)
- An original certificate of graduation from the last school attended
i) Apostille (After notarizing Diplomas and Certificates of Graduation from the last school attended and then should confirm to consular representative at the consular office.)
Relevant country : Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Mongolia, Thailand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Peru. <br><br>
ii) Other Countries : 1 official certificate of graduation from the most recent school attended
- 1 official academic transcript from the most recent school attended
- 1 copy for each of the parent's certificate of employment/certificate of income (must include the name, address, and contact information of the company)
- Financial documents (bank statement under the applicant's name if it is under the parent's name, a notarized certificate of relative relationship required)
- Over USD 10,000
- If the applicant is of Chinese nationality, the expiration date of the balance should remain unchanged until the second term.
- Application fee KRW 50,000 * Non-refundable
- Pay the tuition fee through wire transfer to the following bank account.
- Account Number : Hana Bank 244-910004-39305
(Account Holder : Kwangwoon Center for Korean Language and Culture)
|Categories||Korean Language Course|
|Office||Office of International Affairs|
Office of International Affairs, Munhwa Building 111, Kwangwoon University, 20 Kwangwoon-ro, Nowon-gu, Seoul, 01897, Korea